Saturday, November 10, 2007

A Bump in the Road

Originally published August 6, 2007

I got some disappointing news at the end of last week - the publisher who offered me a contract last winter to publish "Kingdom" has unfortunately decided to close down their Young Adult line as of September 1st - which effectively means that my book won't be released on October 27th as I previously announced nor will they be publishing it at all.


It was a blow, naturally, but I'm not discouraged. After talking with my friend (and editor) Susan, I have a few avenues to pursue other publishing houses (and yes, I checked with MGP to make sure that I can now submit it to other publishers). In fact, that same day she was able to put me in contact with another online publisher who is currently reading the manuscript. So my fingers and toes are crossed very tightly that this new editor likes the book enough to offer me a new contract. I have faith that it will be published - it will just take a little longer than I previously thought!


As for Dyana's brilliant cover art, I'm still not sure what the parameters are to be able to use it at another publisher. As the artwork belongs to her and I'm not privy to her contract with MGP use of it is uncertain.


Keep good thoughts for Lark and Iain and the gang that they'll get their big release sooner rather than later!

No comments: